According to the latest survey, 60 seconds of downtime caused by heating and cooling failure can cost the HVAC industry unexpected stoppages worth a whopping $20,000. That’s just a single minute – how much would a day’s worth of failure cost? Unplanned downtime can be costly to any business. So avoid losses to your business through routing Adelaide heating & cooling maintenance.
- Use a checklist of HVAC maintenance tips.
By developing an HVAC maintenance checklist, you can ensure that your heating and cooling unit is in peak condition. Here’s a sample checklist for you:
- Seasonally, check the coils, refrigerant levels, burners, and heat exchangers.
- Inspect of replacing filters, belts, and consumables
- Clean all components and check the airflow
- Lubricate all moving parts to smoothen friction in motors and reduce the amount of energy consumed.
- Check the starting cycle of the equipment and ensure that the HVAC system starts, operates, and shuts off properly.
- Inspect the condensate drains in the system to prevent water damage and any adverse indoor humidity levels.
- Check the thermostat for the accurate date, time, and temperature settings for the season, as well as your business needs.
- Clean the coils.
Clean the coils on your Adelaide heating & cooling unit to have it run effectively, efficiently, and reliably. Specifically, you will have a much lower heat and cooling costs, improved indoor air quality, better airflow, and maximum operating efficiency. On the other hand, a dirty condenser coil can cause:
Efficiency drops by more than 30%, which means your unit will run at 60-70 per cent effectiveness.
Your AC unit is not cooling your home like it once did. Its cooling efficiency will experience a decline, while the amount of energy consumption will increase significantly.
- Change Your Filters Regularly
The Australian Environmental Protection Agency (AEPA) recommends changing your dirty furnace filters regularly. It’s the most critical maintenance task for optimising your heating system and make it run more efficiently while consuming less energy. With that said, here are other reasons why you should change your furnace filters:
- It extends the life of your HVAC unit.
- It keeps energy costs down
- It maintains a healthier air quality
- It keeps your heating and cooling system clean.
- Gives you peace of mind
For articles related to Adelaide heating & cooling maintenance, subscribe to our newsletter today. We also have other interesting articles for you on your blog page.